I want this site to be a place for women to connect. For me it has been a place to “get real” and be real about who I am and who I am becoming. This blog isn’t about me though. It’s about women everywhere. It’s about what it means to be a woman. It’s about what it doesn’t mean to be a woman. I am not the center of this blog. In fact, I believe that God is using me to make a difference in this world (and world wide web) through this domain name.
During the time I have been working on this blog, I have become a new person. Although most of my posts are about entertainment, health, beauty, and shopping savings occasionally those topics relate to my life. In my real life, I am a real person. I struggle with real issues. God has given me this blog as a platform not just for my own issues or opinions, but as a way to communicate what he is doing in my life. Sometimes people misinterpret what it means to be a Christ follower, or what it means to be a Christ follower to me, so if you are wondering about that you might want to read this post I made on Facebook and comment.
Totally Random Facts About Me
- I have 2.5 college degrees.
- I am a cancer survivor.
- I am a sexual assault survivor.
- Only 32% of my adult life has NOT been on a college campus.
- I’ve taught college classes before.
- I used to put college kids on social probation for breaking the rules and the law.
- I’ve been responsible for more than thousands of people before and supervised up to 350 at a given time. In the same year, I cleaned toilets as a responsibility of a job.
- There are 4 kids that call me Aunt ZZ.
- I was about 10 years old when I started my first business selling hair bands and trading cards.
- Only 15% of the United States population was using the internet when I started using it.
- I hard coded my first website on HTML 1.0 in 1998. It has been archived and I am considered an “early settler of the WWW”.
- I was 15 years old the first time I chatted with someone online.
- I spent 23.5 years of my life living in Appalachia.
- In 1997, I created my first online dating profile and had a date within 2 weeks.
I’ve spent more of my adult life as a college student or working on a college campus than any other thing.
More Information About…
- my business: visit LizBarnett.Me
- my work experience: visit Linked In
- how you can send me a message: contact me here
- this blog: check out the About WomanlyWoman.com page.
- my personal life: click “It’s Personal” in the Category drop down menu in the sidebar.
- my contributions to the blogosphere: SingleChicksBlog.com, someecards, StigmaFighters.com, BlogGuidebook.com
In the Media