I want this site to be a place for women to connect. For me it has been a place to “get real” and be real about who I am and who I am becoming. This blog isn’t about me though. It’s about women everywhere. It’s about what it means to be a woman. It’s about what it doesn’t mean to be a woman. I am not the center of this blog. In fact, I believe that God is using me to make a difference in this world (and world wide web) through this domain name.
During the time I have been working on this blog, I have become a new person. I have been healed of many things and continue to be healed. Although most of my posts are about entertainment, health, beauty, and shopping savings occasionally those topics relate to my life. In my real life, I am a real person. I struggle with real issues. God has given me this blog as a platform not just for my own issues or opinions, but as a way to communicate what he is doing in my life. Sometimes people misinterpret what it means to be a Christ follower, or what it means to be a Christ follower to me, so if you are wondering about that you might want to read this post I made on Facebook and comment.
Totally Random Facts About Me
- I have 2.5 college degrees.
- I am a cancer survivor.
- I am a sexual assault survivor.
- Only 32% of my adult life has NOT been on a college campus.
- I’ve taught college classes before.
- I used to put college kids on social probation for breaking the rules and the law.
- Once I was the contact person for the DEA in a huge drug bust where I was employed.
- I’ve been responsible for more than thousands of people before and supervised up to 350 at a given time. In the same year, I cleaned toilets as a responsibility of a job.
- There are 4 kids that call me Aunt ZZ.
- I was about 10 years old when I started my first business selling hair bands and trading cards.
- Only 15% of the United States population was using the internet when I started using it.
- I hard coded my first website on HTML 1.0 in 1998. It has been archived and I am considered an “early settler of the WWW”.
- I was 15 years old the first time I chatted with someone online.
- I spent 23.5 years of my life living in Appalachia.
- In 1997, I created my first online dating profile and had a date within 2 weeks.
I’ve spent more of my adult life as a college student or working on a college campus than any other thing.
More Information About…
- my business: visit LizBarnett.Me
- my work experience: visit Linked In
- how you can send me a message: contact me here
- this blog: check out the About WomanlyWoman.com page.
- my personal life: click “It’s Personal” in the Category drop down menu in the sidebar.
- the crazy, funny stuff I say: check out my contributions at SingleChicksBlog.com and someecards.
In the Media
I’ve been interviewed a few times and those videos have been posted online.