I told you this before: I’m not single. I wouldn’t wear a t-shirt saying that though because I wouldn’t want to confuse any potential suitors. Or would I?
My cousin has a love waits ring. She is a teenager. Would it be weird for a 34 year old woman to get one? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, here is an example:
I mean, it’s pretty right? Maybe instead of wearing it on my wedding ring finger I could wear it on my middle finger. Then if a guy who isn’t Christian asks me out, I can flip him off using that finger and say, “Clearly you don’t read my blog!”
Anyhow, for real, I feel like by the time I’m this age I should be allowed to wear a diamond ring on my finger. I also agree with Tracy Smith. I watched her on Comedy Central the other day and she mentioned that she thought that women over 30-something should be allowed to have a shower where they get all kinds of new stuff for their kitchen. Right about now I could totally use the following (from Bed Bath and Beyond, please):
- new pots and pans (preferably stainless steel)
- a Dyson (so I can return it and get a bunch of gift cards)
- new twin sized sheets (since I sleep alone – just kidding I need full sized sheets because I’m plus sized and sleep alone)
- new cookie sheets (because I eat a lot of cookies since I have no one to tell me not to)
- food storage containers (I prefer glass because I don’t like BPA and neither does my thyroid cancer)
- a Scooba (Roomba is getting lonely, just like me – and the kitchen floor is dirty)
- and lots of gift cards
So, yeah. I feel like being in my mid-30s and single is totally cool. But I kind of wish I had all that nice stuff all the new brides get. I feel like I need it. The easy bake oven is getting kind of old. I feel like I’ve outgrown it.
— Liz Barnett (@WomanlyWoman) December 26, 2013
Let me know if you want to host a True Love Waits shower for me. Because true love waits… just not on nice kitchen stuff.
- iRobot Roomba: PERFECT Gift (womanlywoman.com)
- My Christmas Letter (womanlywoman.com)
- 5 Things I’ve learned from #FightExperiment (womanlywoman.com)