I actually had more offers I didn’t even use but I wanted to share with you three offers that I did cash in on to receive FREE STUFF FOR MY BIRTHDAY. I’m totally serious, this is why I LOVE shopping. I always feel loved after I’ve shopped. Retail businesses literally hire people to study what makes people feel good and then they do stuff to make it happen and research shows that chemicals go off in your brain to make you feel happy. What the heck?! I mean I can’t even get out of there without feeling happy because retail shopping makes that happen anyway AND I GOT THE STUFF FOR FREE.
If you want to do this, here’s what you need to do to make it happen:
1. Always sign up for loyalty programs. Some people don’t like sharing their information. My tips are:
- to always give out the same phone number. Share a cell phone if you don’t want mailers at home. (Some of the stores track your home address from your home number.)
- get a post office box. You can read about why in a previous post (http://womanlywoman.blogspot.com/2011/08/bed-bath-and-beyond-coupon-secrets.html). I also think it gives you anonymity so, at minimum, the retail sales person isn’t snooping about the neighborhood in which you reside
2. Whenever you are in the store ask them if they have a birthday program or special rewards. Sometimes the sales person fails to do their job in promoting their program and you miss out.
When it gets close to your birthday, you’ll start getting savings that roll in. They tend to expire in your birthday month. That means it sucks if yours is at the end of the month. How you can prepare and plan though is to just know you will always take a shopping trip just after your birthday! :) Plan it before the end of your birthday week if you can, because some of the deals end that week.
Here’s what I got FOR FREE:
Vera Bradley Curling Iron Cover
- the coupon said $20 for any item $20 or more so I looked for one that was exactly $20
Sephora.com Vanilla Birthday Cake Scented Shampoo/Body Wash/Bubble Bath
No purchase necessary! You can get it at check out in the store or online.
…and last but not least a yummy treat…
Panera Chocolate Brownie with Icing
I could get any pastry for free!
|um… i kinda borrowed this from foodies at work.com|
Sorry but I didn’t provide direct links to the products. The reason for this is that I do not participate in their affiliate programs. If you want help finding them, leave a message below.